http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1207610/Hellish-scenes-bomb-blasts-rip-Baghdad-leaving-95-dead-536-wounded.html
The best thing about this article is that there are pictures - big, un-apologetically real (and therefore bloody) pictures.
At first this post was going to focus on the fact that this all happened "after U.S. troops withdrew from urban centres in June," but I'm not going to throw that at you. Especially since Iraqi forces say they accept the blame. Of course, the security guards that failed to stop these bombings were replacements for the U.S. troops that left...
I'm definitely in favor of a more gradual U.S. pullout, because anything sudden would just bring on more terror like this. I guess it's important for their government to work out the security issues and to deal with these things on their own, even if at first it brings more bloodshed. But as a country I don't think we can collectively turn our backs on this and say hey, deal with it.
I'm not posting a picture because you really, really need to read the article and take a gander at those photographs.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment