"There is no way that Republicans are going to support a trillion-dollar-plus bill."
- Arizona senator Jon Kyl.
Forget the part about Republicans. What's important is before I read this quote, I did not think about how much healthcare reform (I really feel like that should go in quotations) would cost. I am a student at a public school in - wait for it - California. If you're not living in California, I'm sure you've still heard about our hilariously banged up economic situation. And that's not even when you're talking about the education system. I read an article about two weeks ago that said our schools aren't getting new textbooks until 2014. Does anyone else see the issue behind this? Our teachers are dealing with paper rations and jobs that hinge on standardized test scores while Big O and his Ds decide to go crazy with a trillion dollars, and not give more to us, darnit. Are you aware of how many zero's there are in one trillion? A lot.I understand, of course, that reforming the health care industry is important. That's an understatement, and I know people's lives are more important than paper. And jobs - who needs 'em! But free health care is available to those who need it, although I suppose it's a burden on the government (and our tax dollars? Which would be pickpocketed anyway by this monstrosity of a proposal) when too many people seek/abuse it.Funny story - my father, sister, and I all have trouble getting insurance. I had surgery for Scoliosis when I was 13, giving me a ~pre-existing condition~ and now my sister has Scoliosis as well. My father was hospitalized for an anxiety attack which was labeled as alcoholism. Awesome! So here's my call to action, Obama. Fix it, and cheap. Oh and pay for my college tuition like you promised.(
source)
No comments:
Post a Comment